Cosmology Short Course for Planetarium Staff:
Big Bang & Beyond, 21st Century Cosmology
September 23 - 25, 2005
at the University of Chicago & the Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum
Follow-Up Session: October 19 - 22, 2005
at the GLPA Meeting, Grand Rapids, MI
Who Should Attend: Planetarium and museum professionals who develop public programming and exhibits.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2005 (note: rolling admissions policy).
- Be sure that you have completed all portions of the application.
- Please be concise.
- Your completed application will automatically be available for review and revision prior to submission.
- Note: the application contains a number of short essay questions.
- Please guard against any problems with the on-line application and save an electronic copy of your submission.
- PRINT a copy for your records (after submitting).
- An email confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hrs of submission.
- A follow-up session to this short course will be held in conjunction with the 2005 Great Lakes Planetarium
Association (GLPA) Meeting in Grand Rapids, MI (Oct. 19-22, 2005). Participation is encouraged.
- If accepted to the course there will be a $75 registration fee.
- If accepted please be prepared to complete mandatory pre-course assignments both readings and written assignments.
- The KICP will provide meals during the course. Housing and a travel allowance (not to exceed $200), to cover
documented travel expenses, which will not be reimbursed elsewhere, may both be applied for.
- Please feel free to include any additional material that you feel will provide us with a more complete picture of
who you are or about your home institution. (optional)
Questions? - Contact Randy Landsberg: randykicp.uchicago.edu
Electronically submit your application by July 1, 2005 (note: rolling admissions policy).
Mail any supporting materials to:
KICP Short Course
Mr. Randall H. Landsberg
Director of Education & Outreach
Kavli Institute for Cosmological Physics
The University of Chicago
5640 S. Ellis Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637-1433